Well, despite the fact that I’ve had a horrible sinus infection/laryngitis this week, I have been wearing my Fitbit ever since I first got it. The results, even with being sick, are interesting. I’ve noticed how unbelievably my stats dive when I spend a day working at the computer. This must change! And being sick has an interesting impact on stats too: not exactly what I would have expected.
My best stats have been:
- 11,671 steps on May 18th (before I got sick)
- 2,693 calories burned on May 22 (when I didn’t sleep at all that night because I was sick and couldn’t breath)
- 5.58 miles walked on May 18 (again, before I got sick)
- 11 minutes of strong activity on May 17th (on the elliptical–but for 45 minutes!!! hello?!)
Because of getting sick, my 7 day averages compared to everyone using a Fitbit aren’t that good yet.
- I average in the 30 percentile for steps per week yet…
- at the 61 percentile for activity.
- Distance and very active minutes are still crazy low.
My sleep patterns, as I already knew, are weird:
- I woke up an average of 8 times per night before I got sick.
- My three worst nights, when I couldn’t stop coughing and couldn’t breath: I woke up 31, 67, and 39 times! (Between that and the pain in my arthritic shoulder, I’m just amazed I didn’t die.)
- The Fitbit Portends a Scary New World [Shut Up Fitbit] (gawker.com)
- My Sleep Graph (russellbeattie.com)
- Philips Changes Policy on Fitness Monitor (pogue.blogs.nytimes.com)