You Go, Jon Stewart!!

Jon Stewart is smart and funny.  I love how he refers to Glenn Beck as his kid’s college fund.  Well, if Palin (Will she ever go away!  Who keeps paying for us to see her, anyway?!) and Beck can have a rally, so can sane people.

The Rally to Restore Sanity, being held by Jon Stewart, is slated for 10-30-10 in Washington DC!  I wish I could go.  It has to be a great and funny event about something serious. Here’s how Stewart describes it:

We live in troubled times, with real people who have real problems. … Problems that have real but imperfect solutions, that I believe 70 to 80 percent of our population could agree to try, and ultimately live with. Unfortunately, the conversation and the process is controlled by the other 15 to 20 percent.

“You may know them as the people who believe that Obama is a secret Muslim planning a socialist takeover of America … or that George Bush let 9/11 happen to help pad Dick Cheney‘s Halliburton stock portfolio. You’ve seen their signs: ‘Obama is Hitler‘; ‘Bush is Hitler’… But why don’t we hear from the 70 to 80 percenters? Well, most likely because you have @^#% to do.”

The voice of the moderate majority in this country needs to be heard.  Moderates need to be seen.  Extremism has got to go!

Stephen Colbert, another funny guy, will also be participating with his “Keep Fear Alive” rally.  Follow rally developments on Twitter.