At the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority conference this week, Georgia Senator David Perdue, (R), said we need to pray for our President. He then stated that we need to specifically pray a certain way. Well, in his own words:
I think we’re called to pray for our country, for our leaders, and yes, even our president. In his role as president I think we should pray for Barack Obama. But I think we need to be very specific about how we pray. We should pray like Psalms 109:8 says. It says, “Let his days be few, and let another have his office.”
I was unaware that the so-called “Obama Prayer” has been circulating among extremist conservative religious zealots for years, ever since President Obama became POTUS. The prayer continues:
8. Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
As much as I loathed George W. Bush, and yes, I loathed that incompetent, lying, murderous, embicilic war criminal, I never advocated praying he would die and worse. Does anyone wonder why I in no way want to be associated with the religion of my upbringing? These religious extremists are poisoned with vitriolic hatred. It consumes them. I saw it first hand for well over 2 decades!
Of course Senator Perdue’s office is now insisting he meant no harm with his remarks. “He meant no harm” is not an apology. Theirs is always a position of arrogance and supremacy—condescension elevated to godliness. I have never know extremists to apologize, ever.
If you are a fellow Georgian who also finds the Senator’s words unacceptable, call his office and tell them you expect a retraction and an apology. His office number is: 404-865-0087. No, that really is his office number. Or, if you prefer, you can “email David”1 at this link.
Hold him accountable for his hateful words. Words matter. They reveal the state of the heart.
as his website says ↩