What could be better than corporations being counted as living breathing people in our “democracy?”
What could be better than allowing corporations to contribute as much money to politicians as they want, because money is free speech! Corporations are people. People are entitled to free speech!
What could be better than letting these mega churches that have destroyed the Republican party avoid paying any taxes even though they really function as political corporate organizations?
Religious Corporate Personhood1.
Yes! Praise the lord! Corporations can now be saved from sin, glory bound, and, as such, can now force their employees to live & die by their sincerely-held religious beliefs.
You can have your religious beliefs. I actually hope you do. But you can not force them on others. The church in this country has never been content with that! Since people are fleeing the pews, the church has taken to forcing you to do what they say they believe. Never mind they don’t do what they believe themselves. Saying it is all that matters!
Where will it stop? Lets see: No, we don’t believe in medication. We sincerely believe in faith healing. No drug benefit coverage for you. See you at the alter on Sunday!
Need that operation? Not really. We don’t cover that practice of the infidels. Let Jesus into your life to fix you all up! Be healed by the power of God!
This is not about God. This is about money!
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is one of the few voices of sanity in this dying democracy. Let’s listen to a few of her thoughts on this deadly concept of religious corporate personhood.
- “The exemption sought by Hobby Lobby and Conestoga would…deny legions of women who do not hold their employers’ beliefs access to contraceptive coverage”
- “Religious organizations exist to foster the interests of persons subscribing to the same religious faith. Not so of for-profit corporations. Workers who sustain the operations of those corporations commonly are not drawn from one religious community.”
- “Any decision to use contraceptives made by a woman covered under Hobby Lobby’s or Conestoga’s plan will not be propelled by the Government, it will be the woman’s autonomous choice, informed by the physician she consults.”
- “It bears note in this regard that the cost of an IUD is nearly equivalent to a month’s full-time pay for workers earning the minimum wage.”
- “Would the exemption…extend to employers with religiously grounded objections to blood transfusions (Jehovah’s Witnesses); antidepressants (Scientologists); medications derived from pigs, including anesthesia, intravenous fluids, and pills coated with gelatin (certain Muslims, Jews, and Hindus); and vaccinations[?]…Not much help there for the lower courts bound by today’s decision.”
- “The court, I fear, has ventured into a minefield.”
Corporations are not people. They exist to take people’s money, and as much of it as possible. Nothing else matters.
Hobby Lobby isn’t Christian in any sense of the word. They enslave Chinese workers to poverty and mistreatment so David Green, Hobby Lobby’s CEO, can live life large off the pagans in the sweatshops. He’s worth $5.1 Billion! Isn’t God good! Praise the Lord!
This is wrong!
This is evil!
Black is the new white!
- Supreme Court Rules For Hobby Lobby In Major Blow To Obama Administration (jonathanturley.org)
- Supreme Court Rules In Hobby Lobby Case, Delivering Blow To Birth Control Coverage (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate (rawstory.com)
- Dem on Hobby Lobby Case: ‘No One Has the Right to Discriminate Against a Woman’ (cnsnews.com)
Oh, they haven’t called it that <em>yet</em>… The lord works in mysterious ways! ↩