I have come to the end of my rope with religion. I have shared with those close to me that I actively view religion as the most evil force on our planet. I am not talking about people of faith. I am not talking about those who organize around concerted efforts to be kind and to do good. But kindness, faith and goodness have long since been divorced from religion. Maybe it’s always been this way, and I’m just now catching on to this fact.
When I think of religion, these are just a few of the things that come rushing to my mind:
- the vile chicanery of unrepentant “men of God” like Pat Robertson, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts, Jack Schaap, Fred Phelps, Robert Tilton, Jerry Falwell, the whole Bob Jones klan (I mean clan), and the list could go on and on and on and still not include thousands of the thieves, thugs and charlatans that litter this country
- the loud, in-your-face, self-serving bullying and mean spiritedness of religious fundamentalism
- the hatred brimming over in the hearts of religious people like Tony Perkins, Brian Brown, Maggie Gallagher, and numerous others who espouse lies and hatred so they can profit off of harming decent people
- the murderous crusades across Europe during the middle ages
- burning people alive at the stake
- the racism running deep in the heart of American fundamentalism
- a detestation of critical thinking and scientific, rational thought
- the extreme denigration and subjugation of women
- sexual predators masquerading as priests and pastors
- an unhealthy and perverse fixation on repressing human sexuality while opposing teaching fact-based sex education, AIDS prevention, and contraception in an overpopulated world
- a refusal to vaccinate and provide medical care because God…
- perpetrating and silencing the sexual abuse of children and women
- and now, this newly unearthed horror in County Galway, Ireland1, which is yet another hideous example of religion’s crimes against humanity
I have now reached the point that I want nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to do with religion. I don’t want to be associated with it in any way. Religion is the opposite of good, of faith, of kindness, of mercy, of tolerance, of thinking, of justice, of compassion, of everything with which I want to be associated. I’m at the point I’m ready to throw out the baby, the filthy bath water, the ringed tub, and the indoor plumbing! I’m just sick of it!
If there is a hell, these bastards deserve to spend eternity in it for the evil they have foist on this world for their own greedy benefit. Christ has been pimped out for personal profit and power. Yes, I now find religion to be utterly despicable!
1This is what religion gives our planet: These unwed mothers, many raped, and their innocent children were mistreated, bullied, ostracized and treated like the pariah of society. Apparently many were starved to death and died of neglect. The nuns, priests and complicit town’s people were the evil ones. The stories emerging here are a nothing less than real life horror.
This is mass murder. Many have intimated that the over 800 baby corpses buried in the sewer in the back were born in “the Home” and left to starve to death after birth as penance for their mortal sins. These religious leaders and the complicit townspeople are serial killers. If any other group had committed these atrocities, they would be tried for crimes against humanity. But it was the church. It was religion. It was done in the name of God. This is what happens when people make absurd dogma more important that people.
In a town in western Ireland, where castle ruins pepper green landscapes, there’s a six-foot stone wall that once surrounded a place called the Home. Between 1925 and 1961, thousands of “fallen women” and their “illegitimate” children passed through the Home, run by the Bon Secours nuns in Tuam.
Many of the women, after paying a penance of indentured servitude for their out-of-wedlock pregnancy, left the Home for work and lives in other parts of Ireland and beyond. Some of their children were not so fortunate.
More than five decades after the Home was closed and destroyed — where a housing development and children’s playground now stands — what happened to nearly 800 of those abandoned children has now emerged: Their bodies were piled into a massive septic tank sitting in the back of the structure and forgotten, with neither gravestones nor coffins. …
Source: The Washington Post: Bodies Of 800 Babies, Long-Dead, Found In Septic Tank At Former Irish Home For Unwed Mothers
And now the church wants to pray over this mass, unmarked grave of innocents? To hell with their prayers!
This is only the beginning. The sewer is about to be excavated. I hope people go to prison for what they did. I hope the church has to pay dearly for this atrocity. I hope the Irish people ditch this hate-filled religion en masse!
- Catholicism’s Crimes Against Humanity, Ctd (dish.andrewsullivan.com)
- Catholicism’s Crimes Against Humanity (dish.andrewsullivan.com)
- Bones of 800 babies in nuns’ septic tank (thetimes.co.uk)
- 800 Children Bodies Found In A Mass Septic Tank Grave, Catholic Church Ireland (infiniteunknown.net)
- Mass grave of Irish orphans uncovered at former septic tank site (sbs.com.au)
- 796 dead babies found in septic tank at Irish home (intellihub.com)