Look carefully at my Solstice Gnome. Who does he look like that’s been in the news for his prejudiced remarks lately?
- Jesus is white? (Riiiiiiight!! And the manger accepted the Gold Card, too.)
- Santa is white? (A little too much eggnog while singing “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”?)
- And a bearded Louisiana backwater millionaire is a racist and a homophobe? (I am shocked. Simply shocked!)
- Pope Francis is a liberal? (And Jesus wasn’t, by God!)
Here are a few points I’d like to casually mention concerning the above:
- Jesus was middle eastern, not white.
- Santa isn’t real; so, he can be any race you want him to be. And, no, most of the people spouting this race-baiting nonsense only know about the Santa that comes down their faux chimneys that play audio of crackling fireplace sounds. They tend to be a little less informed about historical “figures.”
- When I first heard this story break, I said, “Great PR stunt!” Have no doubt. That’s exactly what this was. Lots of money at stake. As far as I’m concerned, anything that gets Sarah Palin squawking like a turkey about to have its head lopped off, is just more trash TV. The fact that a cable network even has such quackery in its program slate saddens me: getting rich off poor people’s prejudices. Wow!
- I’ve never cared much for the religious/political/financial organization that is the Catholic church, but this new pope is running one smooth marketing campaign! As church donations and memberships have dropped to historic lows (in all denominations), this pope at least sees the real reasons why: People of faith and even those who lack it are fed up with the hate machinery of evangelicals/religious institutions and their social agendas that have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. Pope Francis is speaking Jesus, and the rabid conservatives don’t even recognize it! What a sorry state of affairs for white evangelicals!
I had to remind my Solstice Gnome that Leviticus 10:6 tells us about an abomination before the Lord …
Do not let your hair become unkempt and do not tear your clothes, or you will die and the LORD will be angry with the whole community.”
And finally, I follow God (@TheTweetOfGod) on Twitter. During this season of the War on Christmas, I laughed out loud at what God tweeted. I’ll omit one word, because God used a wordy dird:
The Duck Dynasty guy who likened homosexuality to bestiality makes a living helping people trick ducks into thinking they want to f#$% them.”