The over simplification of complexity!
It’s what we do well in the USA, especially at election time!
Check out: Radi-Aid: Africa for Norway
This hot new charity single and superb spoof was made by the Norwegian Students’ and Academics’ International Assistance Fund, the folks behind RADI-AID.
It’s a full-fledged campaign to challenge the way people think about Africa. RADI-AID sums it up simply:
Imagine if every person in Africa saw the Africa for Norway video, and this was the only information they ever got about Norway. What would they think about Norway?
What do you think: is the global perspective towards Africa skewed by oversimplified aid campaigns? Let
- Radi-aid: Spoof charity single asks Africans to donate radiators to Norway (guardian.co.uk)
- Spoof African ‘charity song’ urges people to donate radiators to Norway (telegraph.co.uk)
- Radi-aid: The making of a viral video (guardian.co.uk)
- Africa for Norway: The Interview (africasacountry.com)
- It’s Africans’ turn to help Norwegians (africasacountry.com)