I had no idea! If you use 4 or 5 fingers on the iPad while gesturing up, your get the multitasking bar of “running” apps. If you use 4 or 5 fingers and gesture to either side, you get previously used app window in the state you last left it. If you use pinch all 5 fingers, you return to the home screen. So, basically, you don’t need the home screen button anymore. Which I think is good thing, because I have an awkward relationship with mine.
Of course, in order for these multitasking gestures to work, you have to turn on multitasking gestures in Settings —> General —> Multitasking Gestures
Hat tip to iLounge for the tip!
Kickstarter Madness for iOS
Check out this awesome projects at Kickstarter: Galileo.
- Infinite 360° panning and tilting rotation. 200° per second pan-and-tilt speeds.
- Remotely controlled from your iPad, iPhone, or web browser. Swipe your finger across the screen or move your mouse to control the movement of the Galileo and your device.
- SDK (software developers kit) for app development. Freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into existing apps or to create entirely new apps built around the movement capabilities of Galileo. Or build software to integrate the Galileo with other hardware (e.g. camera rails).
- Outfitted with a standard tripod screw, the Galileo can be mounted on any tripod.
- Fabulous charging station for your iPhone or iPod. Charges your device while plugged in (USB cable included).
- Rechargeable Lithium polymer battery lets you use your Galileo anywhere.
Similar But Very Different: Swivl
This product follows a marker which you wear. The marker also is a wireless microphone. How cool is that?!
I know, my inner geek is showing!