She makes horse sense and has a clear presentation style. I don’t know where Elizabeth Warren stands on any other issues, but I’m now listening! Her content is on target and her delivery is persuasive. Obviouly, with her background, she’s smart and articulate. Listen for yourself.
How we got into this hole:
- $1 trillion in tax cuts for the super rich
- $2 trillion for two wars we put on a credit card for our children to pay off
- $1 trillion for a Medicare drug program that wasn’t paid for and is more expensive than it needs to be because it’s a give away to the drug companies
“So part of the way you fix this problem is don’t do those things!”
She goes on to say
I hear all this, you know, “Well, this is class warfare, this is whatever.”—No! There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there—good for you! But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that maurauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea—God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.
- Elizabeth Warren is driving right wingers nuts (clubtroppo.com.au)
- “There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there – …” (bijansabet.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: pay it forward. Duh. (maureenholland.wordpress.com)