I usually hate chain emails that are supposed to be funny but aren’t. But every once in a while one comes along that is hysterical. Here is one:
You know the economy is bad when:
- I ordered a burger at McDonald’s and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”
- If the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.
- Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.
- Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children’s names.
- A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico.
- Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
- The Mafia is laying off judges. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
- I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.