You know, I personally think Apple will have a devilishly difficult time beating what they accomplished with the iPhone. It was transcendent, transformative technology that turned the mobile industry on its head–just as the iPod transformed media distribution and consumption. Mobile technology will never be the same as other companies still scramble to catch up.
- Does it have a camera at all? (I want to video conference from my arm chair!)
- Will it run Skype? (In other words, though clearly too large to function as a “mobile” phone, is there any way to place calls?)
- Will it run multiple applications concurrently?
- A big hint about running the device on other carriers networks, but do those carriers have plans in place? (I’ve made, along with legions, no secret of my loathing of AT&T.)
- Aside from the sync dock and keyboard dock, does it have any connectivity for external USB or firewire devices? (Clearly none were visible. Projecting a Keynote was mentioned.)
- Does it run Flash?
- iMovie was never mentioned. Will it run on the device?